1) Indicate that your language level is excellent ONLY IF you are fluent in speaking. If you indicate that your French level is excellent, it is possible that we put you in a project that requires communicating in French.
2) Due to the high popularity of the city of Montreal, we ask our incomings to choose 3 projects in the TWO CITIES (Montreal and Quebec City). Thus, in the project choices, there MUST be:
- 1 or 2 project(s) in Montreal (Université de Montréal OR McGill University)
- 1 or 2 project(s) in Quebec city (Université Laval)
3) Only full calendar months are accepted
(e.g.: July 1 to July 31). Your internship should normally start on the first Monday of the month, and end on the Friday of the 4th week after (there may be exceptions depending on the days of the calendar). Overlap on two months are not accepted, nor periods exceeding 1 month.
4) Please write your preferences of specialties + type of work (wet lab/dry lab/both) in the notes/messages section
, so it will be easier for us to find an alternative project if the ones you chose are not available anymore.
5) The Application Form (AF) has to be sent at least 6 months before the start of the internship
. This is done on the IFMSA exchange portal.REGARDING THE Card of Documents (COD)
- ALL DOCUMENTS HAVE TO BE IN ENGLISH OR FRENCH. Failure to meet this requirement cause delays (since the student will be asked to provide the correct documents), then result in a late CA.
- Photo: Upload a portrait (no selfies, nor vacation photos)
- Motivation letter:
- Upload in a Word format (no PDF)
- Has to be specific for the specialty related to the project (i.e. cardiology, oncology, etc.) rather than the project itself; DO NOT name a project title/researcher/city/university in your Motivation Letter! This will greatly help us find an alternative project more easily should the ones you chose not be available anymore.
- Vaccination card:
- Vaccines that are mandatory in Quebec are the following: Whooping cough - Diphtheria - Influenza - Hepatitis B (A is facultative) - Meningococcal C - Hæmophilus influenzae type B (Hib) - Mumps - Poliomyelitis - Measles - Rubella - Tetanus - Varicella
- Rules form: Has to be signed and uploaded (LINK HERE: https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B28cnMiZPO6BaGk3RGVBQjNYajg/view?usp=sharing)
- Other 1: COVID-19 Vaccination Proof (needed upon arrival)
Due to the ongoing situation regarding the COVID-19 pandemic, there is still a lot of uncertainty for the exchange program even for next year. Therefore, it is still possible that projects are cancelled
due to tutors being less willing to accept students, less available projects, travel restrictions, mandatory quarantine or any other restrictions that the Public Health department may impose. Please keep in mind that additional precautions may be needed IF your exchange DOES take place including, possibly, a 14-day quarantine, wearing a face mask, etc. This being said, please refer to the most recent information available when applying for an exchange if this is no longer up to date.