There are two types of visit visa: 1) Visit Visa on Arrival, 2) Visit Visa
According to our Immigration and Ministry of Foreign Affairs regulation, students coming to Indonesia for exchange purposes MUST obtain VISIT VISA (Student Visa) which should be applied in Indonesian Embassy or Consulate (NOT visit visa on arrival, because visit visa on arrival is only for tourism purposes)
IMPORTANT: ACCORDING TO THE LAW, WE DO NOT ACCEPT VISA ON ARRIVALS
The Visa that you need to enter Indonesia for Student Exchange purposes is Visit Visa / Tourist Visa/ Sociocultural Visa, etc. (different embassies may call it with different term). The most important thing is all of those visa are visa with B211A index
Sometimes, you also may need TELEX in order to get the visa. We could get it for you from the Indonesian Immigration Office in Indonesia. But, you need to pay Rp. 100.000,- (according to the regulation, it may also change depends on the regulation). You will be asked to pay for us upon your arrival to Indonesia
Once you have obtained it, a holder of Visit Visa is given up-to 60 days stay and can be extended in Immigration Office for 5 (five) time, each extension will be given another 30 days stay.
You can find more information about:
1. The requirements, procedures, and fees: http://www.imigrasi.go.id/index.php/en/public-services/visit-visa#general-info
2. The webpage of Indonesian Embassy/Consulate in your country: http://www.kemlu.go.id/en/kedutaan/default.aspx
The University/Faculty has the rights to check your visa. If the University/Faculty find out that your visa is Visit Visa On Arrival (for Tourism purposes), the University/Faculty may refuse you as their Incoming students and your exchange may get cancelled.
- CALLING VISA -
Calling visa ONLY applies for students with the nationality below:
- North Korea
- Sri Lanka
The Indonesian calling visa is a particular visa given to applicants that come from a country which does not have diplomatic relations with The Indonesian government. This type of visa must be applied abroad and it should not applied through the local Immigration office in Indonesia.
APPLYING THE INDONESIAN CALLING VISA
The Indonesian calling can be applied through the following method:
- Submitting an application to the nearest Indonesian embassy abroad;
- Further examination by the officers at The Indonesian embassy;
- The visa application will be forwarded to The Indonesian Immigration Directorate General in Indonesia and to be further verified by The Indonesian Security Department;
- If the visa application is granted by The Indonesian Security Department and The Indonesian Immigration Directorate General, the visa application will be re-forwarded to The Nominated Indonesian embassy where the applicant is submitting the visa application;
The approval for the application of an Indonesian Calling Visa may take some time, which strictly depends on the acceptance made by The Indonesian Security Department and The Indonesian Immigration Directorate General.
Therefore, please contact your NORE as soon as possible if you are citizen with one of the nationalities above so we can manage to help you with the visa application in advance.
We highly suggest you to start taking care of your visa 2 months prior to your exchange date or as soon as we have sent you the CA. Therefore, we could help you more with the bureaucracy in Indonesia, which usually takes quite some time. You may contact us through email to get additional documents, eg. Proof of Accomodation Letter, no later than 6 weeks prior to your arrival.